Sunday, December 23, 2007
Monday, December 17, 2007
Thursday, December 6, 2007
We've got a wolf in our house! No, it's not Jacob (for all you Twilight fans!) Way to go Tanner - he earned his Wolf last night at Pack Meeting. I am glad for the Boy Scout program and for the things his is learning and doing! A big thanks goes out to all his leaders!
- Dream House
Ok, so maybe the dream house is still a dream, but the boys had a great time building this one! I think it looks pretty good considering it really was done by all the boys in the family. I do have to admit, Nate really is much better at this kind of thing than I am! This is a fun tradition we have done the last couple of years and the kids always look forward to it!
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Saturday, December 1, 2007
This morning I was fixing breakfast for everyone. Alex was in the other room and I asked him if he wanted to come into the kitchen and get something. He replies to me, "No, Mom! I'm not in business with you right now!"
I guess I'll have to come up with a new business plan! I love the little guy even if he won't be my business partner and he does my parenting for me!
12/7/07 I just had to add another cute thought Alex had yesterday so I could remember.... He was getting pretzels out to eat and said, "I know what pretzels are made of. Really, I said, what? They are made of part wood and part snack!
I asked him if he was sure and he said "yes" and then went about eating his part wood part snack snack!
Friday, November 16, 2007
- I really shouldn't be blogging today. We are trying to leave out-of-town this afternoon for my Father-In-Law's big Birthday Bash and I haven't packed!
- We just had Christmas yesterday, unfortunately it was at the Dentist office! Bah Humbug! My favorite oldest child had 6 cavities - yes, 6! What happened? And why is it that dental work is sooo expensive?
- I feel like I have been running around like crazy trying to get things done but have nothing to show for it! And, my favorite youngest child is doing her very best job of undoing most everything I've done!
- I started a week ago my assignment to make 5 scrapbook pages for Grandpa Glazier's birthday party, but I still haven't finished them!
- I'm in an Arizona dilemma - we are heading to colder territory for the Birthday bash and Thanksgiving and I'm now realizing at the last hour that my kids do not have any warm coats or clothes. We are still wearing flip flops and shorts around here.
- I still need to mow the lawn , take out the trash and find a frog sitter before we leave - are those REALLY my jobs?
- Why is it that car repairs always come in multiples and just right before Christmas?
- My house is a mess and I still have piles of laundry to do! Does the laundry ever end?
- Thanks for letting me vent! I feel much better now!
- I'm off to pack, clean, mow etc... I can get it all done by 3pm Right? :-)
- I am looking forward to a relaxing and grateful Thanksgiving (hey, I don't have to cook this year!) and wish you all the same!
Friday, November 2, 2007
Friday, October 26, 2007
I love FALL! And one of my favorite places to take it all in is on the East Coast! Luckily, Nate and I got to do just that - we took it all in! We had a GREAT trip to D.C.! I don't know if it was so fun because we could reminisce about the good 'ol days or if it was because we weren't lugging our 3 children around. Hmm...maybe a combination of both! The fall colors were gorgeous and the weather was absolutely beautiful even with a day or two of high humidity (we aren't used to that anymore!). We were able to catch up with lots of old friends and do some things we never were able to do while we were residents rather than vacationers! We laughed hysterically because you'd think after living there for over 5 years, we'd know our way around. Needless to say, out came the map and it was attached to our nose for a few days until the cob webs began to clear!
Some of our highlights:
- Behind the scenes tour of the Supreme Court Building by Dave Moore (an old roommate of Robert's and currently clerking for Justice Alito) Who knew there was a full size basketball court right above the courtroom? I walked by the this building everyday on the way to work and yet never went in for a tour!) It was absolutely beautiful!
- Eating dinner down in Old Town Alexandria with some old friends and then getting completely drenched on the way back to our car. It was the only time it rained the entire time we were there and it happened to be right after we finished up with dinner. If we would have stayed in for 10 extra minutes we would have missed the whole storm! Oh well, it made for a great laugh, right Robin?
- Going back to the Jefferson Memorial where we tried to recreate our engagement picture. I'm almost certain we haven't aged a bit! :-)
- Eating at Chevy's! I know that doesn't sound all that exciting and cultural, but it was a fun place that we would frequent when we lived right across the street from it in Pentagon City!
- While we're talking about eating, another place we hit was the Peking Inn Gourmet on Rte 7. The Lemon Chicken is to die for! The funny part about this place is that from the outside it looks like a complete dive, but when you go in and see that there is a 45 minute wait and you are surrounded by pictures of all the dignitaries and diplomats that have been there, you know it is a good place to go!
- Spending a good portion of our time on the mall at the Smithsonian Museums and art galleries including the new American Indian Museum, Natural History, National Gallery of Art, Portrait Gallery and then a new Spy museum (which is not connected to the Smithsonian - ie, they make you pay to go in, but it was worth it!) We also went to the Edward Hopper exhibit which was very fascinating!
- Getting to see Hans and Jody (our world travelin' friends who found themselves back in D.C.) and their newest arrival, baby Garrett!
- Last, but not least (and our main reason for the trip) was going to the "Colonial Ward" reunion - what a blast from the past! So fun to see so many familiar faces. Hopefully it won't be another 10 years...
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Friday, October 12, 2007
Yeah for Grandma & Grandpa! We enjoyed a great week with Grandma & Grandpa! The kids loved having them around. Even Madison got up this morning and told us she was going down stairs to find Grandma! She was so sad to realize Grandma was gone! I wish we could see them more often! We are glad that Grandpa has entered the world of retirement so maybe we can talk them into a few more trips down this way (we promise we won't ask you to come in July or August!) The kids had a great time roasting marshmallows at San Tan Flats, making sugar cookies with Grandma and playing board games and watching Star Wars with Grandpa. Grandpa was nice to help refinish Grandma Tueller's old rocking chair for Madison's room. Grandma was patient in helping me find material for drapes and then having the know-how to put them all together. I promise I'll get them finished Mom, but I may be calling you every day! Thanks again for a fun week. We miss you already!
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Luckily, we did have a fun day. She got to open Grandma & Grandpa's presents in the morning (which had painfully been on top of the fridge for several days!) Then lunch with Dad and the boys! And as all good girls should do - a nice long nap in the afternoon! Our next door neighbors came over later in the evening for some cupcake decorating and of course, eating! She was covered in chocolate (and so was my house!) but loved every minute! We love our Madison and can't believe how grown up she is getting!
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
PS: I should mention that GOLDEN was reunited with his family that same afternoon the boys found him. Phew!
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Friday, September 14, 2007
Monday, September 10, 2007
Thursday, September 6, 2007
We ended the holiday with a fun evening with the Bennetts. We all did a little swimming and they BBQ'd some great meat they picked up at a little mercado not too far from our place! Nate tells me that would be a good place to shop! :-)
Overall it was a good weekend. It is always nice to have Nate around an extra day and also enjoy more time with the kids!
Monday, August 27, 2007
We just enjoyed another fun weekend this time with several of our neighbors camping in beautiful Christopher Creek. The boys got new fishing poles and had a great time not catching fish, but catching crawdads! They LOVED it! We got a new tent that fit our family much better than the one Nate and I bought "before" kids! The weather was a nice change from the 100+ heat in the valley and it was a treat to be surrounded by green trees! Unfortunately this weekend we are back to the realities . . . mowing the lawn and working on the never-ending "to do" list!