Tuesday, October 16, 2007

BRRrrr!!! Ward Campout Pics




Did I mention it was COLD! Just thought I'd post a few pictures from our latest adventure.... our first Ward Campout in AZ. We decided to be brave having been warned that the nighttime temps might near the low 40's (I think we are officially acclimated to the warm Phoenix weather!) and try to tough it out! Did I mention that we were sleeping in a TENT? I know we are turning into whimps - but we do have a TWO year old. Isn't that a good enough excuse to be a camp whimp? :-) I seriously thought of just sending the boys, but who would want to miss all the fun? And besides, after our Christopher Creek campout, Madison has been asking to go camping ever since! Unfortunately, we got up to the Payson area fairly late which left us setting up the tent in the dark in an unclaimed spot way at the edge of the campground. Good thing for a few flashlights and lanterns! In addition to sleeping bags, we brought about every blanket we owned (thanks Carey for the excellent tip!) and we needed them all! Luckily, the kiddos and hubby crashed pretty quickly. As for me, I couldn't quite go under between the shivers, the fear that the kids were going to freeze to death and not knowing where we really pitched our tent. I found myself getting up several times to make sure they were still in the sleeping bags (we do have a few crazy sleepers) and make sure Madison hadn't kicked off all her blankets. Oh, the life of a worried mother! :-) It sure seemed like the morning would never come! Luckily, the sun finally peaked out and the ward cooked up a yummy warm pancake breakfast (did I mention it was nice not to have to pack food? Subway for dinner, ward breakfast and home for lunch!!) It was a quick trip but all in all, I think the kids had fun and that makes it worth all the work to pack for 1 night! Did I mention that next time we go it has to be just a few degrees WARMER? Brrrr!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Funny how warm our blood is now! :)

Christine said...

I applaud you. I hate camping let alone with kids! I think I inherited it from my dad :)