Friday, November 2, 2007

Trunk or Treat, Pre-Trick or Treat Parties and Finally Trick or Treat!











Add that all together and it = way too much candy! Tanner dressed up as Jango Fett from Star Wars, Alex went as a green Power Ranger and Madison, well Madison is a whole other story! She really wanted to be Dora The Explorer, but I was too cheap to spend $30 dollars on a over-priced costume when we had a perfectly fine ladybug at home! She told everyone that asked, that she was going to be Dor(la) and so, in typical girl fashion, when it came down to getting ready for all the fun events, she put her foot down and would not dress up at all! Stubborn!!! We started the mass candy collecting on Friday night with the ward Trunk or Treat. A couple of neighbors threw a great pre-trick or treating party with lots of fun games and activities. The kids really loved it! Then off to the annual street party for a BBQ and then the long awaited real trick or treating! They all came home with so much candy, it should last us another two years! Madison is constantly asking for her "Pumpkin Treats" which really means "I don't want just one piece of candy, I want the whole pumpkin, so I can shove all the candy I can in my mouth before I get caught!" The boys have been pretty good about asking for only 1 or 2 pieces a day and I have been able to bribe them with "you can have a piece candy if you eat 3 carrots or strawberries, etc., FIRST." They are totally buying into it! Luckily, the schools have offered to collect "unwanted" candy for those less fortunate and I think I'm really going to encourage the kids to pick out some (ok, lots) of the candy to donate. All in all, the kids had a great time this year and we are looking forward to enjoying the upcoming holiday season!

6 comments:

Megan said...

I love the costumes on the boys and how funny that Madison wouldn't dress up.....I agree with WAY too much candy. Ugh...but it is a good bribe! :) Glad you guys had fun!

Michelle Y. said...

Your kids are adorable. That is so funny that Madison wouldn't dress up, my kids want to wear their costumes around the house all year long.

foreveryoung said...

Hey, I finally got to your blog! What a fun Halloween and Madison is such a crack up. You told me she wouldn't dress up, but I didn't know the whole reason why--too funny! Anyway, so....I want to go to the class tonight but Jason is getting home so late, I may just go do the machines, I'll call you and see if you want to come. So send me your email address so that I can send you an invite to my blog.

foreveryoung said...

Oh, you probably need my email address: jamie1young1@hotmail.com. And your DC trip looked and sounded like a lot of fun!

Lauren said...

Hey Lori! I found your blog through Christine Vance. Seth and Chris are at school together. I can't believe how old Madison is. And I see she has the same temperament that she did as a baby. I love it! Glad you are doing well in AZ! Enjoy your warm winter. :)

Glazier5 said...

Hi Lauren,
So fun to hear from you! Small world huh! You may have figured out that Christine is my cousin! Are you guys enjoying VA? Are you a blogger? Hope all is well!