Sunday, January 6, 2008

Birthdays, Christmas, New Year's...Oh My!

Yes, I know, I have neglected my blog...but I do have a few excuses. It truly has been exciting, busy and crazy around here. I am going to try and catch up because I really do want this to be a journal and a history of our lives. Here are some highlights of the past month:
We kicked off the holiday season with a trip to Utah to celebrate Grandpa Glazier's 75th birthday (this is the first one!). All of Nate's siblings, their spouses and most of the grandkids/great-grandkids made it to the smash - that is pretty good considering many of us were coming from different states. Grandma Jeanie asked each one of us to share something that reminded us of Grandpa. Tanner brought a toy plane because that reminded him of the stories Grandpa had told him about his Air Force flying years. Nate brought some spare change. He said the sound of the coins clinking reminded him of his Dad coming home from work and playing ball with he and his brothers outside with Dad still in his work clothes and coins jingling in his pocket. Madison and I shared some Peanut M&M's because whenever Grandpa comes to visit he brings that magic yellow bag! Alex brought K'Nex. Grandpa is very helpful and patient and has built some mighty amazing things with the boys out of K'Nex. Nate spent a lot of time putting together a fun DVD of pictures of his Dad's life. He did a great job and it was great tribute to one of our favorite grandpas. It was a wonderful night! Thanks Grandpa for having a Birthday!



We decided the boys needed some good exposure at an early age to Happy Valley. Carol and Mike's son Andrew May is managing the Men's Basketball team this year. So we thought why not take the kids to see their cousin at work! I'm not sure how interested they were in the game, but they did get to have their picture taken with Cosmo!!! And, as a bonus, the Cougars came out victorious that night!


Speaking of the Mays, we spent Thanksgiving with them at their home. We had a delicious meal and I secretly loved that I was in charge of....store-bought rolls! The kids had a great time hanging out with their cousins especially Eric and Sarah.

To Be Continued ... Madison tells me she feels neglected!

4 comments:

Chelsea said...

cant wait to hear the Madison story!! Dont let the blog neglecting happen again!

Christine said...

I am totally in favor of early exposure! When we were just in Utah we took Claire to BYU and kept telling her that it is her future school.

Megan said...

Cute!! Hope you had a nice Christmas.....we need to catch up one of these days! :)

foreveryoung said...

Okay, I finally got your link so that I can add you and officially stalk you :) Looks like a fun trip and good job brain washing your kids with BYU--my kids think that's the only college that even exists.