Thursday, May 22, 2008

When It Rains It Pours....

Literally and unfortunately figuratively in our case!

Weather-wise we have had a much needed and refreshing change of scenery today. We went from melting in 100+ degrees (108 to be exact) to a nice WET 70 something today. I love the rain. I love the smell. I opened our sliding doors and just let the rain and cool air blow in. It reminds me of our Seattle days. We even had some hail come down today just as we were suppose to be leaving for our outdoor swim lessons (they were cancelled). The kids loved watching the hail cover the lawn and trampoline in white miniature snowballs and really how often does that happen here in AZ especially in May! The boys asked me if this was a record amount of rain that has ever come down (have they already forgotten their early childhood years in Washington?) It then triggered us to think about a streak of a 100+ days of rain in Seattle. Hmmm, maybe the sunshine isn't all that bad!

We also took a trip to dentist this afternoon. I'm never fond of these days, usually because the news is never good. I thought last week was bad when I was told I needed to make a return visit, especially since I'm the one that carries floss with me everywhere I go. With them both needing some pretty extensive work, let's just say today's visit with the boys was possibly the worst and most discouraging yet and we will be POURING big $DOLLARS$ into somebody else's bucket! Just as a friendly reminder....Don't Forget To Floss!

And lastly, we've had many a RAIN puddle land in places it shouldn't (ie, my carpet, the car, her bed, etc) in our attempts to potty train the little lady the last few days. She is really trying her best and has been so excited about getting new big girl undies. We got her another pack yesterday (because I couldn't keep up with her mishaps and the laundry!) and she ran them quickly up to her room and then returned to tell me she had all her new undies organized! I still haven't looked to see what "organized" means! The last couple days I got brave and ventured with her and the undies to the gym and to her music class. She really is doing a good job. Hopefully this storm is coming to an end!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Ugh - the dentist. I don't like going their either!

I'm glad Madiso is getting the hang of potty training. I think we are almost there.....we made it through church today! I was so tempted to put on a diaper but James said no....so we didn't and she made it!

Good luck! :)

Michelle Y. said...

Potty training is such a pain. I potty trained Tanner right before I had Tyler. That was a mistake, he totally reverted back to his old ways once we had a baby and he saw all of the attention the new baby was getting. Now he is a pro! She did such a great job at my house, she will get the hang of it soon.

Nichols Family said...

So, wasn't the K-steps program so cute? I was laughing so hard at the robot song. Good luck on Potty Training.

Christine said...

I am not excited about taking kids to the dentist! You should talk to Anne about her one day potty training trick-I guess it really worked for Nicole!