Thursday, February 21, 2008

My Madison

I was so exited to get a little girl after two boys! I looked forward to all things pink! Pink clothes, pink blankets, pink bows in hair. And sure enough there was plenty of pink in the house to diffuse the overwhelming blue. But now that she is becoming that independent two year old who insists (demands may be a better word) on doing things all by herself, loves to joins the evening wrestling match with the boys, screams just as loud as her brothers, can cover her entire body in blue marker and spits when she is mad (yes, I said spit), I wonder what happened to my cute, soft and feminine little girl that I had yearned for. Well, luckily despite all the previously mentioned activities we do get a few days when she is all girl! Last week she begged to have her toes painted and her hair in ponies. This morning she wanted to have her fingernails painted pink - so that is just what we did! Thank goodness for little girls! We love you Madison!

6 comments:

Megan said...

She is so cute! And so grown up! We need to get our girls together! Katie needs someone who will play princess with her and dress up with her! We have lots of boys in our neighborhood, but we miss the pink!

Chris said...

Lou and Jeanie just told us about the piggies and pinkies! So glad I got to see the actual pictures of her in her true girl mode. Love your blog and love you all! Can't wait to see everyone soon. Mom

Becky said...

She is SO adorable. Kind of makes me want a girl too! Your Shaq sighting sounds pretty fun, go Suns!

Anonymous said...

Oh, she looks so much like you Lori! What a beauty. My little princess also acts way too much like her big brothers!

You were always the epitome of a perfect girl to me growing up. wub

Please, please call me when you are in town. I want to see your cute kiddos.

Michelle Y. said...

Aww, she is so adorable. Think of how I feel having 3 boys! Don't get me wrong of course I love having 3 boys, but I want a daughter so bad. I kind of pitty a daughter that is the youngest of 3 boys but I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

foreveryoung said...

She is way too cute and I love that she's got spunk! She's a lucky girl to have those boys to protect her, although it sounds like she's pretty good at holding her own :) Kylie loved having a toe nail painting party with you guys also, thanks so much!